A dental implant replaces a missing tooth’s root. A root-shaped rod, made of biocompatible materials, is inserted into the jawbone and serves as an artificial root to support a permanent or removable prosthesis. It takes three to six months for the implant to fuse with the jawbone, after which artificial teeth can be installed.
Not replacing a missing tooth can lead to many unwanted risks and consequences. Adjacent teeth can move toward the gap, chewing and speech can be affected, and bone resorption causes premature facial aging.
The many advantages of dental implants:
- Replace the root of one or several missing teeth
- Very stable, comfortable and discreet
- Improve your digestion, by enabling you to better chew your food
- Improve your speech
- No need to change your eating habits
- Reduce pressure on your remaining natural teeth
- Prevent bone loss
- Look natural
- A very durable and solid replacement solution
Are you missing one or several teeth? Call us today to make an appointment for a free consultation!